No independent reporting coming out of Al-Anbar province

first_img RSF_en February 15, 2021 Find out more Reporters Without Borders is worried by the news blackout on events in the western province Al-Anbar, especially the cities of Fallujah and Ramadi, since 4 January, when government forces began an offensive in the region.Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki’s government is trying to control the production and dissemination of news reports about the fighting in Fallujah and Ramadi between the regular army and militias affiliated to Al-Qaeda and tribal groups. The few reports coming out of the region are all from government sources.“The deplorable security environment for journalists, who are under threat from all sides, prevents them from working properly,” Reporters Without Borders said.“We urge the Iraqi authorities and the other forces on the ground to give reporters access to the fighting in Fallujah and Ramadi and to provide them with protection. In view of the complexity and impenetrability of the current situation, coverage of the fight by independent journalists is essential.”Although no act of violence against any journalist has so far been reported, journalists in Fallujah and Ramadi are refusing to cover the fighting because they fear reprisals by both government troops and the armed groups.According to the information obtained by Reporters Without Borders, many journalists and known activists have fled the province for fear of being targeted in connection with their work.Working as a journalist has again become very dangerous in Iraq, where about ten media personnel have been murdered in the past three months. RSF’s 2020 Round-up: 50 journalists killed, two-thirds in countries “at peace” to go further December 16, 2020 Find out more News Organisation News Receive email alerts Help by sharing this information center_img Follow the news on Iraq Three jailed reporters charged with “undermining national security” IraqMiddle East – North Africa January 9, 2014 – Updated on January 20, 2016 No independent reporting coming out of Al-Anbar province Iraq : Wave of arrests of journalists covering protests in Iraqi Kurdistan IraqMiddle East – North Africa December 28, 2020 Find out more News Newslast_img read more

admin

25 more Covid-19 cases reported in Donegal

first_img RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA AudioHomepage BannerNews Facebook Twitter Previous article1 more death and 107 Covid cases in NorthNext articleMain Evening, News, Sport, Nuacht and Obituaries Friday April 2nd News Highland 25 more Covid-19 cases reported in Donegal By News Highland – April 2, 2021 WhatsApp Pinterest Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Facebookcenter_img Google+ Twitter WhatsApp Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th There have been 8 additional Covid-19 deaths and 591 new confirmed cases.4 of the deaths occurred in February and 4 in March.25 of the cases are in Donegal. The county’s 14 day incidence rate stands at 286.4 cases per 100,000 people, the second highest figure in the country.There are 264 patients with the virus in hospital and 62 in intensive care.Dr Ray Walley, member of the GP advisory group to the HSE, says it’s important everyone enjoys the Easter weekend in a safe way:Audio Playerhttps://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/virusfigures5pm.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Google+ Pinterest Community Enhancement Programme open for applicationslast_img read more

admin