Kerr Fined For Profane Outburst

first_imgOAKLAND, California (AP): Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr is sorry he swore more than once at a referee. He knows how hard that job must be. Kerr was fined US$25,000 by the NBA yesterday for his outburst directed at official Bill Spooner late in the third quarter of Golden State’s three-point overtime loss at Sacramento on Saturday night. “I knew I was going to get fined. I deserve it,” Kerr said. The reigning NBA Coach of the Year yelled profanities and was held back on the court by assistant coach Mike Brown during the 109-106 defeat. He became irate after a pair of loose ball fouls on Kevon Looney 18 seconds apart, pointing and gesturing in Spooner’s direction. Kerr said he had apologised to Spooner through NBA Executive Vice-president of Basketball operations Kiki VanDeWeghe and would do so in person the next time Spooner is assigned to work the Warriors. “It was totally inappropriate and I deserve to be fined,” Kerr said. “It didn’t surprise me how I angry I was, but the word choice was very poor.” The league said Kerr was verbally abusive to officials and failed to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection with three minutes and 34 seconds left in the period. To those who get into officiating, Kerr said: “God bless you. Those guys have miserable jobs. We yell at them, every coach yells at them every game. Part of being a good ref is you understand it’s not personal. That’s why I don’t think this will be any issue. Bill’s a really good ref. He’s been in this league a long time. I’ll apologise and I’m sure he’ll be fine. Like I said, they’re kind of used to the abuse. It’s never personal.”last_img read more

admin

Clarke flexes his way to Mr Guyana title

first_imgLast year, Kerwyn Clarke had his pet title snatched from him after reigning as the Senior Bodybuilding Champion and Mr Guyana for four years. However, on Sunday evening, the senior bodybuilder made sure that he would take home the accolade once again. On stage with four other successful bodybuilders, Clarke came out flexing his biceps and triceps with one goal on his mind, winning.With last year’s Mr Guyana, Bruce Whatley absent, it was a no-brainer for Clarke who flexed his way to the top. Speaking on the win, he noted that he was grateful to everyone who has been a part of his journey. “First and foremost, I’d like to give thanks to the Almighty; I’d also like to extend sincere gratitude to Mr Ross, my training team, my family, and Fitness Express,” he stated.The well-decorated bodybuilder went on to share a little about the expectations heKerwyn Clarke receives his prize after copping the coveted titlehad for the competition. “This year’s competition wasn’t as expected, I was most disappointed in the turnout, I was expecting a higher intensity of competition on the stage from my fellow counterparts. And I was expecting also the reigning Mr Guyana, Mr Whatley to be here on stage so that I could have taken it from him rightfully.”Nevertheless, Clarke noted that he was now focused on his Central American and Caribbean (CAC) championships campaign, stating, “It didn’t happen that way, but I am still very thankful and I’ll just set out to CAC, which is my next venture.”In another instance, another bodybuilding crown was snatched back by its previous owner. Emmerson Campbell reclaimed his title of Mr Physique after showcasing a well-oiled body and flashy smile. The title was stolen in the 2017 competition by Yannick Grimes.Guyana Amateur Bodybuilding Federation President Coel Marks highlighted that the event was a success despite a few hiccups along the way. “In terms of attendance, we did see that we as per normal had great numbers at the show. We had a few hiccups in terms of the hosting and venue and technical difficulties with the audio, but the show must go on and we were able to host another successful bodybuilding event in Guyana,” he stated.The President of the Federation also disclosed that his team will work harder to improve the competition in the coming years, stating: “We hope that we are able to continue doing so, going forward next year and make it more robust and make sure that we continue to fulfil our mandate as bodybuilders in Guyana.”The winners at Sunday evening’s competition will now set their sights on the CAC championship, which is scheduled for July 27-29 in Mexico.last_img read more

admin

B.C. Hydro, District of Taylor reach Site C agreement

first_imgAccording to the agreed terms B.C. Hydro will satisfy a number of measurements deemed to be of importance to the District.In a release District of Taylor Mayor Fred Jarvis says “We’ve worked very hard to reach an agreement with B.C. Hydro that addresses our concerns should the project proceed. The agreement includes transportation improvements, enhancements to recreation, and key measures to address water security and safety.”Also in the release, Executive Vice President of the Site C Clean Energy Project Susan Yurkovich says “We are pleased to have an agreement with the District of Taylor related to the construction and operation of Site C. We have had very constructive and collaborative discussions with the District about how to leave the community better off as a result of the Site C project. We believe this agreement achieves that.”- Advertisement -Some of the agreements between the two parties stipulate that B.C. Hydro provides the District of Taylor with $85,000 to implement an enhanced water supply monitoring program prior to the start of project construction, implementation and funding  of mitigation measures required in the event that adverse project effects on the District’s water supply are found, and implementing measures to protect the water treatment plant and pumphouse from potential shoreline erosion.  Other agreements include:– Fund the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure to install continuous street lighting along Highway 97 through Taylor, changeable message signs and a highway webcam to provide motorists with advance notification of weather and road conditions.Advertisement – Form a community liaison committee during the construction phase of the project and support the District of Taylor’s participation with annual funding of $37,500.Site C requires environmental certification and other regulatory permits and approvals before it can proceed to construction. – Fund the development of at least 20 new, long-stay, serviced RV spaces and parking at Peace Island Park.– Provide $50,000 to the District of Taylor to update their emergency preparedness and response plan.– Provide $20,000 to the District of Taylor to support their role in road rescue services during project construction.– Support non-profit organizations in the north and south Peace with an annual fund of $100,000 per year during construction, to be administered by the United Way.Advertisementlast_img read more

admin

Debate continues about how the new Trudeau government will handle oil and gas development

first_imgThey note Mr. Trudeau campaigned on a pledge to put teeth into the federal environment review process, but that the National Energy Board has already muddied the waters by moving forward with new hearing dates for the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion project using the old process.Kai Nagata of the Dogwood Initiative argues that’s causing problems for intervenors on both sides of the project debate.[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/230332266″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /] With the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris, set to begin in just over a month, it remains to be seen what Canada takes to the table.  In the energy sector, there’s concern about how the Trudeau Liberals will address, striking the right balance between resource development and environmental protection, as opposed to how it’s been approached by the Harper Conservatives.Trevor McLeod is the Director of the Centre for Natural Resources Policy for the Canada West Foundation and he notes last week’s federal election shows Tory Blue on the electoral map almost perfectly traces western oil and gas deposits.He says Canada still has the food, energy and materials that the world needs and has ready access to the markets that need them the most, but he also says Western Canada still needs assurance that it will be able to compete in a changing world for market share.- Advertisement -Mr. McLeod says it basically comes down to dealing with environmental concerns, without laying on so many costs, you make the country internationally uncompetitive.[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/230332433″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]Meantime, the new government is also under pressure from environmental activists and they’re arguing they’re already getting mixed signals.Advertisementlast_img read more

admin

Courtois absent from Chelsea training amid Real speculation

first_imgCourtois joined Chelsea from Belgian side Genk in 2011 and spent the next three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid before dislodging Petr Cech as first choice at Stamford Bridge.He has repeatedly stated his desire to move closer to his two children in the Spanish capital, and with just a year remaining on his contract Chelsea risk losing him for a reduced fee in January or for free next summer.Eden Hazard, whose deal expires in 2020, has also long been the subject of speculation over a move to Real, but the forward was present at the club’s Cobham training base on Monday.Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri, who replaced Antonio Conte last month, admitted on Friday he was unsure whether Courtois would stay.“At the moment Courtois is the goalkeeper of the club, of Chelsea,” Sarri said. “I don’t know in the future. It depends on the club. It depends especially on him, I think.“But, I hope that Courtois will be our goalkeeper. It’s very important for us to keep the top players.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Thibaut Courtois is keen to return to Spain to be closer to his two children © AFP/File / Paul ELLISLONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 6 – Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois did not report to training with the Premier League side on Monday, casting further doubt over his future after being linked with a move to Real Madrid.The 26-year-old Belgium international was granted an extended rest after his country finished third at the World Cup, but he was scheduled to return to training following Chelsea’s 2-0 loss to Manchester City in the Community Shield.last_img read more

admin

Chelsea, City and United fans cannot believe the wages Ibrahimovic is demanding

first_imgZlatan Ibrahimovic is renown for his outrageous skill.But his reported wage demands ahead of a possible move to the Premier League are even more outrageous.The Daily Mail claim that the Paris Saint-Germain striker wants £600,000 per week if he is to agree a deal with an English club when his contract expires in the summer.Manchester United have recently been credited with interest for the 34-year-old, while Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City have previously been linked with his name.If the latest news is anything to go by, though, the trio could be priced out.And, predictably, some supporters aren’t too pleased by his request… Zlatan Ibrahimovic with reporters are Paris Saint-Germain wrapped up the Ligue 1 title with eight games to spare 1last_img

admin

PRESIDENT HIGGINS INVITED TO ATTEND ROSSNOWLAGH ORANGE PARADE

first_imgThe Raphoe Pipe Band at today’s Rossnowlagh Parade. Pix Copyright North West News PixORANGE Order leaders have invited President Higgins to attend the 2015 Rossnowlagh parade.The Grand Orange Lodge master Edward Stevenson publicly issued the invite at today’s Co Donegal parade.“Two years ago, our Grand Secretary Drew Nelson made a landmark and historic speech in the Irish Senate in Dublin. In a thoughtful and candid address, Mr Nelson spoke of the challenges facing all of us as we move forward together, and despite the horror of the sectarian campaign carried out in the name of Irish republicanism, underlined the Orange Institution’s genuine desire to see a normalisation of relationships on these islands,” he said. “No more so was this illustrated by the momentous state visit of Her Majesty the Queen, here to the Republic in 2011. During her trip, the Queen visited sites of significance to Irish nationalism including the Garden of Remembrance and Croke Park in Dublin. Such gestures of reconciliation were hugely symbolic and carried out by Her Majesty with great decorum and respect.“It is against this backdrop, and from this platform today, that I publically invite the President of the Republic of Ireland, Michael D Higgins, to join us and witness for himself next year the colour and spectacle of the only Twelfth demonstration in this jurisdiction.“You will be made most welcome here in Rossnowlagh, President Higgins, and I trust you will accept the genuine invitation in the spirit of good will and neighbourliness in which it is intended.“In your inaugural speech, you spoke of a “common shared future built on the spirit of co-operation”, about “equality” and “respect for all”. “What better way to make such words a reality by reaching out in a hand of friendship to the minority Protestant community in the Republic; the symbolism of which would have positive ramifications beyond the boundaries of County Donegal.”Mr Stevenson also upped the ante over a banned parade in North Belfast next Saturday.“As we look forward to the 17 Twelfth demonstrations across Northern Ireland next weekend, we are also mindful of recent political developments following another disastrous decision by the Parades Commission regarding our brethren in Ligoniel, Belfast.“This followed on from the shambolic and ludicrous determination preventing Orangemen from dedicating an arch in memory of an esteemed past member in Portadown.“Grand Lodge is fully supportive of the united graduated response by unionism to this latest constraint on our legitimate cultural expression and traditions. Numerous other parades across Northern Ireland, as we know, also face continuing intransigent and deliberate opposition by republicans. “We cannot underestimate the seriousness of the situation but there is no doubt that unionism is stronger when it is united and speaking with one voice.“I have called an emergency meeting of all County Grand Masters and District Masters from all over Northern Ireland to inform them of our course of action and our engagement with the leaders of unionism. This will take place over the coming days.“I would also reiterate my appeal, and that of the Institution, for any associated protests to be both lawful and peaceful. Violence should not prevail.”PRESIDENT HIGGINS INVITED TO ATTEND ROSSNOWLAGH ORANGE PARADE was last modified: July 6th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:ArdoyneEdward StevensonLigonielOrange ParadePresident Michael HigginsRossnowlaghlast_img read more

admin

10 man Cubs lose AFCON opener to Angola

first_imgCubs’ Rogers Mugisha (15) in action against Angola on Sunday. (FUFA Photos)2019 AFCON U17Angola 1-0 UgandaNational Stadium, Dar es SalaamSunday, 14-04-2019DAR ES SALAAM – The Uganda Cubs were treated to a disappointing welcome at the 2019 AFCON U17 finals in Tanzania.In their opening game, Fabin Kwesi’s side lost 1-0 to Angola in their first Group A game played on Sunday, April 14th.Osvaldo Pedro scored the only goal of the game 12 minutes to halftime, one that the Cubs never recovered from.Najib Yiga, Ibrahim Juma, Andrew Kawooya, Abdul Wahid Iddi and second half substitute Ibra Mugulusi all had attempts to draw Uganda level but could not find the back of the net on a chilly evening in the Dar es Salaam.The Cubs tried to force an equalizer but it wasn’t to be.Uganda Cubs goalkeeper Jack Komakech was alert to limit the damage coming from the opposition as he made several stops throughout the game.The Cubs’ best chance to draw level came 10 minutes from time when Mugulusi’s left-footed shoot rattled the upright and allowed Angola to clear their line in time before Yiga pounced on the rebound.Andrew Kawooya, Ivan Asaba and Davis Ssekajja who all started the game were withdrawn in the second half, giving way for Thomas Kakaire, Isma Mugulusi and Mukisa Opalla respectively.Uganda’s left back Ibrahim Juma was sent off in the 87th minute and will miss the next match group game against hosts-Tanzania on Wednesday.In the other game played on Sunday, Tanzania lost to Nigeria 4-5.Nigeria now top Group A with three points, followed by Angola who also have three (points).Uganda Cubs XI:Jack Komakech (G.K), Samson Kasozi, Ibrahim Juma, Gavin Kizito Mugweri (Captain), Davis Ssekajja, Andrew Kawooya, Idd Abdulwahid, Ivan Asaba, Yiga Najib, Rogers Mugisha, Justine Opiro.The Cubs team that started against Angola.Subs:Patrick Mubiru, Kevin Ssekimbegga, Innocent Opira, Isma Mugulusi, Thomas Kakaire, Mukisa Opaala, Polycarp Mwaka, John Alou, James JariekoMonday’s AFCON U17 fixtures:Group B.-Guinea vs Cameroon @3pm-Morocco vs Senegal @6pmComments Tags: 2019 U17 AFCONAbdul Wahid IddiAndrew KawooyaFabin KwesiIbrahim JumaJack KomakechNajib Yigalast_img read more

admin

Top things we learned at 49ers HQ Friday: Injuries to Kittle, Gurley

first_imgSANTA CLARA — Neither the 49ers nor Los Angeles Rams are at full strength entering Sunday’s showdown, and both made injury declarations Friday involving some of their top stars.Most pressing to the 49ers’ plight: Tight end George Kittle was limited in practice Friday with a groin injury. Although coach Kyle Shanahan expects he’ll be able to play, Kittle was to undergo full examinations.San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle (85) runs in front of Cleveland Browns defensive end Chris Smith …last_img

admin

San Jose Sharks’ win streak ends at six games

first_imgCLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile device Kevin Labanc scored in the first … SAN JOSE — The Sharks’ six-game winning streak ended with a thud Tuesday night at SAP Center.Slowing down Connor McDavid and the first place Edmonton Oilers for the second tine in eight days was a bit too much to ask.The Sharks fell behind by two goals after the first 7:59 of the first period and never fully recovered in a 5-2 loss, San Jose’s first defeat since Nov. 2.last_img

admin