Kerr Fined For Profane Outburst

first_imgOAKLAND, California (AP): Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr is sorry he swore more than once at a referee. He knows how hard that job must be. Kerr was fined US$25,000 by the NBA yesterday for his outburst directed at official Bill Spooner late in the third quarter of Golden State’s three-point overtime loss at Sacramento on Saturday night. “I knew I was going to get fined. I deserve it,” Kerr said. The reigning NBA Coach of the Year yelled profanities and was held back on the court by assistant coach Mike Brown during the 109-106 defeat. He became irate after a pair of loose ball fouls on Kevon Looney 18 seconds apart, pointing and gesturing in Spooner’s direction. Kerr said he had apologised to Spooner through NBA Executive Vice-president of Basketball operations Kiki VanDeWeghe and would do so in person the next time Spooner is assigned to work the Warriors. “It was totally inappropriate and I deserve to be fined,” Kerr said. “It didn’t surprise me how I angry I was, but the word choice was very poor.” The league said Kerr was verbally abusive to officials and failed to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection with three minutes and 34 seconds left in the period. To those who get into officiating, Kerr said: “God bless you. Those guys have miserable jobs. We yell at them, every coach yells at them every game. Part of being a good ref is you understand it’s not personal. That’s why I don’t think this will be any issue. Bill’s a really good ref. He’s been in this league a long time. I’ll apologise and I’m sure he’ll be fine. Like I said, they’re kind of used to the abuse. It’s never personal.”last_img read more

admin

Letterkenny man jailed for planting bomb under van

first_imgA Letterkenny father-of-four who planted a pipe bomb underneath the van of a Co Fermanagh man was given a two-year sentence yesterday.Sending 33-year-old Sean McVeigh to prison, Judge David McFarland said he accepted the incident, which occurred in Irvinestown a year ago, was linked to a fall-out among criminals, and was neither sectarian nor related to dissident republicanism. Judge McFarland also said he accepted McVeigh was not part of the revenge plan, and did not help to prepare the pipe bomb, but was pressured into driving another man from Donegal to Irvinestown in his own van.Belfast Crown Court heard that when McVeigh and his passenger arrived at the Sallys Wood estate in Irvinestown, McVeigh was ordered to plant the device under the intended target’s van.It went off just after midnight on January 31, 2017, causing minor damage to the rear nearside of the vehicle.A passer-by walking his dog when the bomb exploded was treated for shock.McVeigh, a chef from Glencar Park in Letterkenny, was told he will serve 12 months in prison followed by 12 months on probation when he is released.Crown prosecutor Robin Steer said McVeigh’s movements were caught on CCTV, and he was arrested last March when the same vehicle was spotted in Omagh.After his arrest McVeigh initially denied any involvement in the blast.However, he later told police he had been pressured into driving a man to Sally Wood, then ordered to plant the device.For the full report see:https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/patsy-who-placed-bomb-under-van-in-fermanagh-during-criminal-feud-jailed-36508728.htmlLetterkenny man jailed for planting bomb under van was last modified: January 21st, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bombjailletterkennySEAN MCVEIGHlast_img read more

admin

HSE PLAN CHOPS €27M OUT OF DONEGAL MEDICAL SERVICES – TD

first_imgTHE HSE West plan for 2012 will see €27M taken out of the health service in Co Donegal, a TD said today.Sinn Fein’s Pearse Doherty reacting to today’s severe cuts in the HSE West Service Plan has said: “Today’s HSE service plan for the Western Region sees 27 million euro being taken out of our health service across Donegal, with specific reference to the rationalisation of Lifford Community nursing home, which could see 20 beds being axed under this plan, this Government like the last has ignored the voices of the people when they took to the streets in their thousands demanding that our community hospitals remain open, and our health services are cut no further.“Last years general election has done nothing to halt the attacks on Donegal’s health services, and today we see that despite Labour and Fine Gaels promises 12 months ago that Donegal will see community hospital closure, thousands of homehelp hours reduced and our general hospital is striped to the bone with the real possibility of key services being taken away from Letterkenny General.” Deputy Doherty concluded: “I would urge the people of Donegal to stand together on this issue, to speak with one voice and fight these cuts.” HSE PLAN CHOPS €27M OUT OF DONEGAL MEDICAL SERVICES – TD was last modified: February 17th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

admin