A 22-year-old man on Tuesday appeared before acting Chief Magistrate Sherdel Isaacs-Marcus at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts to answer to a manslaughter charge.Eon CharlesEon Charles was not required to plead to the charge, and was remanded to prison until April 4, 2018.The court heard that on March 22, 2018, at Kariako Creek in the Barima River, North West District, he unlawfully killed Lawrence Leon.The facts stated that on the day in question, the man, his reputed wife, and his 18-year-old stepson were consuming alcohol when an argument broke out between the two men which subsequently developed into a brawl.Moments after, Leon was stabbed multiple times to his left upper back. He was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital, where he died while receiving treatment.Police Prosecutor, Inspector Gordon Mansfield objected to Charles being released on bail on the grounds that he was captured by the Police and taken to the crime scene during which time he escaped, but was subsequently recaptured by the Police.The matter will be transferred to the Mabaruma Magistrate’s Court.
- #3 House Republican suggests King leave Congress
- Forecast calls for snowy week beginning today — Winter Storm Warning for our area now starts at 6:00 PM tonight
- How many is too many? Grassley comments on Democratic presidential field
- Sen. Grassley calls on Pres. Trump to lift tariffs on Canadian & Mexican metals
- Wednesday July 17th KGLO Morning News