Mikel secretly fathers two children with different women

first_imgPremier League star John Obi Mikel has fathered two secret lovechildren with different women.The 28-year-old midfielder is dad to a four-year-old son and a one-year-old daughter after short relationships with the women.The Nigerian international player, whose side lost 2-1 at home to Crystal Palace yesterday, makes sure he provides for his two children.He is understood to have bought a £500,000 house in 2013 in the Home Counties for his son and mum and is keen to play a part in the boy’iA source told The Sun: “John also agreed to give her tens of thousands a year in upkeep and, I think, agreed to give her a new car every three to five years.”Mikel also financially supports his daughter, who was born after the couple met at a London nightclub in 2013. A friend of the daughter’s mum added: “John has provided for her and the girl.“She seems to have come into money since having the baby and is keeping a low profile.”Mikel is now dating Russian businesswoman Olga Diyachenko and has posted pics of the pair together on social media.In an interview in Nigeria last year. he revealed: “I’ve been dating seriously for two years now. I’m in love. I’ve found love.”A spokesman for the footballer told The Sun: “This is an entirely private matter. “John provides for and cares for his children and will continue to do so. He asks that their privacy is respected.”–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img read more

admin

$4.7B approved for Region 2 in 2018

first_img– but not before Opposition scrutinyA total sum of $4.7 billion was approved for Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam) following an examination of the expenditure for the region in the Committee of Supply in the National Assembly on Wednesday.Current and capital expenditures were approved for regional administration and finance ($255.3 million); agriculture ($395.9 million); infrastructure ($197.4 million);Opposition MP, Colin Croaleducation delivery ($2.1 billion); and health services ($1 billion).However, Opposition Member of Parliament (MP) Colin Croal highlighted a massive increase in security services from $28.8 million to $37.7 million, under the 2018 Budget for Region Two.Communities Minister Ronald Bulkan conceded that the increase was substantial but explained that it was due to an additional security at the State House annex in the region.In addition to that, it also caters for additional security at the residence of the Regional Executive Officer (REO) who has reportedly been in constant fights with elected regional officials.Minister Bulkan also told the Committee of Supply that several schools will now have full-time security services and that the newly contracted security firm offers an increased hourly rate of $350.The Minister emphasised that there is an increased need for security at regional facilities throughout the region, which is the main reason for the budgetary allocation in 2018.Opposition MP Cornell Damon also drilled the Minister on the procurement process used to hire a company to assist with the repairs of vehicles belonging to the region.Bulkan admitted that selective tendering was used to outsource a company to undertake this duty and the Opposition MP requested that the documents – as it relates to this transaction – be provided.Damon also zeroed in on the increases in clerical and office support staff, from 57 to 66; technical and craft skilled, from 304 to 321; as well as semi-skilled and unskilled staffers, from 204 to 265.Where there was a decrease in contract staff and an increase in the monies allocated, Bulkan explained that the increase was to cater for annualisation of salary increases.Meanwhile, Opposition MP Gail Teixeira also questioned Government’s spending. She pointed out that $15.8 million was spent on maintenance of buildings, when only $4.1 million was budgeted.The Opposition Chief Whip was quick to ask where the money came from. Bulkan responded by saying that t was taken from sums budgeted for education delivery, which Teixeira noted was highly irregular.Bulkan was again pressed to answer several pertinent questions in relation to medical supplies within the region, but this time by Opposition MP, Dr Vishwa Mahadeo, a former regional health official.Dr Mahadeo claimed that during visits to the region, there were always complaints about the shortage of essential drugs. He asked Bulkan whether the $186.1 million budgeted for drugs and medical supplies was spent.The Minister stated that $17 million is unspent. He told the Opposition MP that a reconciliation process is currently ongoing. A truck will be purchased by the region to uplift and transport drugs and medical supplies.Concerns were also raised about fuel being sourced for the support of generators which will provide standby electricity services to healthcare facilities, particularly at the Oscar Joseph and Suddie hospitals.The House was also told that $40 million will be expended for drainage and irrigation, construction and rehabilitation throughout the region.last_img read more

admin

No mechanical issues with plane that crashed at Springbank Airport killed two

first_imgA training plane didn’t hit even reach 300 feet in the air before a steep dive into the terrain at the Springbank Airport that resulted in the death of two people on Oct. 26, 2017.The Transportation Safety Board (TSB) released an updated report on its investigation into the incident that left an instructor and a student from the Springbank Air Training College dead.The Piper PA 34-200T Seneca II was in the air for about 54 seconds before it lost speed and altitude.“The aircraft speeds and altitudes that were captured on radar data were not normal for an aircraft of that type on departure,” Western Regional Manager Jon Lee said. “What we were looking at was the rate of climb, the takeoff and after it got to a certain altitude it didn’t climb anymore. That is of great interest to us still.”The TSB determined there were no mechanical failures based on wreckage from the scene that was analyzed. The impact of the crash sparked a fire and it destroyed the plane but parts were recovered. Lee said the Board is also waiting on toxicology and autopsy reports from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.“Those reports are yet to come, definitely something that we do look at. Now, unfortunately, both occupants died so we can’t interview them to find out the exact details about the human factor side of it like how they were feeling,” he said.The TSB is still conducting interviews, examining radar data and working with Piper Aircraft Inc. to look at the plane’s performance. Its report said the aircraft was fit to fly and the instructor, who was seated on the right-hand side, had logged over 2,100 flight hours before the incident.Weather was not a factor in the crash and the investigation continues.last_img read more

admin

New study offers insight and recommendations to reduce right whale deaths

first_imgFREDERICTON — A new study says more than half the 70 North Atlantic right whale deaths recorded over the last 16 years were the result of either entanglement in fishing gear or vessel collisions.The findings are in a paper published today in the journal Diseases of Aquatic Organisms.A cause of death was determined for 43 of the 70 whales. Sarah Sharp, a veterinarian with the International Fund for Animal Welfare, says none of the adult and juvenile whales for which a cause of death was established had died from natural causes.She says more aggressive efforts to protect the whales are needed. There are estimated to be only 411 North Atlantic right whales left, with deaths outpacing live births.No right whales died in Canadian waters last year, but 12 were found dead in the Gulf of St. Lawrence in 2017.A nine-year-old male right whale was found dead in the gulf this month, but preliminary necropsy results were inconclusive.The Canadian Presslast_img read more

admin