The 58-year-old mother of one, who was apprehended by ranks at her Bartica Old Housing Scheme home last week with a large quantity of cocaine and cannabis, was on Tuesday remanded to prison.Roxanne CarringtonRoxanne Carrington of Lot 63 Old Housing Scheme, Bartica, Region Seven (Cuyuni-Mazaruni) appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.The woman denied that on June 23, 2018, she had in her possession 2555 grams of cannabis and 1451 grams of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking.The prosecution is contending that ranks swooped down on Carrington’s home and found the drugs hidden in two separate rooms, one occupied by her and the other by a miner, who was renting a room at the woman’s house.Reports are the women reportedly told Police that the prohibited substances did not belong to her, but belonged to the man whose name was given as Royston Smith.Her Attorney, Latchmie Rahamat informed the Court that Carrington would rent rooms to persons coming out of the interior.At the time of the discovery of the drugs, Smith, along with a woman, Betty Mohan, was occupying rooms.Police Prosecutor Gordon Mansfield revealed that at the time of the discovery, the woman had explained that she was keeping the drugs for an unknown person.Bail was denied, and the defendant was remanded to prison. The case will continue on July 12, 2018 at the Bartica Magistrate’s Court.
- #3 House Republican suggests King leave Congress
- Forecast calls for snowy week beginning today — Winter Storm Warning for our area now starts at 6:00 PM tonight
- How many is too many? Grassley comments on Democratic presidential field
- Sen. Grassley calls on Pres. Trump to lift tariffs on Canadian & Mexican metals
- Wednesday July 17th KGLO Morning News