VIJAYAWADA, India, (CMC): West Indies Women will undergo their first training session here today as they kick off preparation for their limited overs series against India Women bowling off here on Thursday. The Windies side touched down at the Gannavaram airport in the coastal state of Andhra Pradesh yesterday after arriving in India on Saturday from the Caribbean. West Indies Women will practice at the Mulapadu playfield – located 12 miles outside Vijayawada – which will also be the venue for the six-game limited overs series. The Windies clash with India Women in three one-day internationals (ODI) – all designated ICC Championship status – from November 10-16 and will follow up with three Twenty20 internationals from November 18-22. West Indies Women are currently ranked third in the championship on 22 points, one behind the second-placed England Women and eight adrift of leaders Australia Women. India lie sixth on 13 points. The top-four in the championship at its completion will earn automatic qualification for next year’s ICC Women’s 50-overs World Cup in England. West Indies, who are coming off a 3-2 loss to England Women in a five-match series in the Caribbean last month, will be led once again by the prolific Stafanie Taylor, while stroke-maker Mithali Raj takes charge of the Indian unit for the ODIs. Harmanpreet Kaur will take over from Raj for the T20 series.
Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil LATEST STORIES Dasmarinas avoids upset with split draw vs Ghanian foe UAAP Season 81: Racela says he’ll be ‘surprised’ if Ateneo loses a game in elims PLAY LIST 01:32UAAP Season 81: Racela says he’ll be ‘surprised’ if Ateneo loses a game in elims02:43Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball02:43Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum The Red Warriors ended their winless run to get to a 1-4 card, still at the bottom of the standings, while the Tamaraws continued their inconsistent ways for a 2-2 record and a share of the third spot with De La Salle.From holding to just a 28-26 lead midway through the second quarter, the Red Warriors looked to have found a sudden spark after going on an 11-3 run with Jason Varilla giving them a 39-29 lead with 2:05 left in the quarter.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissThat early run proved to be enough for UE as it cruised through the final two quarters even taking a 28-point lead with 5:56 left in the game after Christopher Conner’s triple.UE head coach Joe Silva, who’s in his first year in the collegiate level, said their win was a long time coming and that the victory was the culmination of the work they’ve put in. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew University of the East stopped its losing streak in the loudest of ways after pulling off a 90-65 upset of Far Eastern University in the UAAP Season 81 men’s basketball tournament.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title “Hard work pays off, I always tell them to work hard and the results will follow,” said Silva who was once the head coach of the Ateneo Blue Eaglets. “We’ve been working hard and I told the boys they deserve to win already.”“We’re a family so I told them to take what they deserve and they showed it today.”Alvin Pasaol, who came off the bench for the first time this season, put up 27 points, 13 rebounds, and five steals to lead the Red Warriors while Jason Varilla had 17 points and five boards.Philip Manalang orchestrated UE’s offense with 13 points and 12 assists.Hubert Cani led the Tamaraws with 12 points while Arvin Tolentino had 11 points.ADVERTISEMENT Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next
Sixty-eight assaults were reported on HSE staff members at hospitals the Saolta Group so far this year.The North West Hospital Group, which includes Letterkenny, was the worst affected group in Ireland for reported assaults against staff.Information obtained by Sinn Féin’s Louise O’Reilly show that 279 HSE staff have been assaulted across Ireland in 2019. The majority of attacks were made against nurses and midwives. With 68 attacks in 2019, the Saolta Hospital Group had the highest number of reported incidents. The group comprises: University Hospital Galway and Merlin Park University Hospital, Sligo University Hospital, Letterkenny University Hospital, Mayo University Hospital, Portiuncula University Hospital, Roscommon University Hospital.The statistics count reports of either physical, verbal or sexual assault. Staff are also encouraged to report all near misses and incidents that do not result in harm to staff. The HSE has said the number of incident reports should not be considered as indicative of a level of harm and there can be multiple reports for the same incident. 68 health staff assaulted in West/North West hospitals this year was last modified: July 1st, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
14 April 2005A huge blow has been struck against cellphone theft in South Africa with the signing of an agreement between the country’s cellular service providers, Business Against Crime and the SA Police Service that will render all reported stolen cellphones useless.The agreement by Cell C, MTN and Vodacom to blacklist stolen, lost and damaged cellphones will both help stamp out cellphone theft and curtail the use of cellphones in criminal activities.From now on, a cellphone reported stolen will not be able to make or receive calls, even with a different SIM card. Criminals will also no longer be able to change the identity of a stolen handset by altering its unique 15-digit IMEI (international mobile equipment identity) number.Where a serious crime has been committed using a cellphone, the police and the service provider will work together in tracing the phone and user.National Police Commissioner Jackie Selebi told journalists in Pretoria on Wednesday that combating cellphone theft required an integrated approach.“The initiative will stop organised crime syndicates in their tracks and will render stolen, lost and damaged cellphones inactive in the hands of criminals”, Selebi said.Selebi warned that the police would also be targeting pawnshops dealing in stolen cellphones, saying they would be required to point out the sources of their phones.He added that the police could now request that a particular cellphone not be blacklisted in order to facilitate ongoing investigations.How to blacklist your phoneNotify your service provider of the loss or theft:Cell C: phone 140 or 084 140 from any other network.MTN: phone 173 (pay-as-you-go users), 808 (contract subscribers) or 083 1173 / 1808 from any other network.Vodacom: phone 111 or 082 111 from a landline.After verifying your particulars, your service provider will blacklist your phone and provide you with a blacklisting reference number.You must then report the loss or theft to the police, providing them with the blacklisting number.SouthAfrica.info reporter
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Drier weather moves in behind the front for today, tomorrow and Friday. We expect a mix of clouds and sun and colder temps, but generally, we still stay near normal on temperatures. That just will feel significantly colder than what we just got done with to start this week Models still are all over the place for Saturday, but we are going to keep snow in our thoughts over most of the state. Right now, we see snow moving into far western Indiana and NW Indiana overnight Friday night, and that should put our starting point here in Ohio around sunrise or even mid morning on Saturday. From there, snow lingers through Sunday. Combined, we could be looking at 1-3 inches in many areas, and some 4 inch totals cant be ruled out. The map at right shows some guidance, but we will not be putting out our official snow totals until Friday morning, as track is just too much of a variable at this time. We will be keeping an eye on south central Ohio, near the River, where we do have some minor concern about a mix of rain and wet snow , or even some freezing rain. However, freezing temps make it almost to the Ohio river, so snow is the most likely precipitation type at this time for 90% of the state. Usually, it is a very fine line from these kinds of events going rain/freezing rain or moderate to heavy snow…so stay tuned for updates on southern Ohio. Dry weather returns for the first half of next week. High pressure dominates on Monday. As it moves off to the east, south winds should redevelop and moderate temperatures by midweek. This south flow will also come ahead of our next system, which arrives on Thursday. Temps moderate just enough to allow for a mixed bag of precipitation through the day. We look for a rain-sleet-snow mix across the state. The good news is, that liquid equivalent precipitation will be limited to a few hundredths to .3” over 80% of the state. The bad news is, we have no clue as to what type will fall where, except the southern third of the state should lean mostly toward rain. This event will come down to track, and where the cold air stays stubborn. Friday goes dry again to finish next week. There is still some rain to start the extended 11-16 day forecast period, but right now it looks like it may be trending a bit farther south. We will dial coverage back to about 60% of the state right now, because there likely will be some areas that get missed, but we are not waving the all clear flag yet. The best moisture is in for Saturday the 19th. There still is the potential for that event to end as snow, as cold air blasts in behind. From there we remain cold with snow and flurries possible for the 22nd – 23rd – 24th. We become very cold through that period and should see our first foray in a while to well below normal temperature levels.